Introduction from John Cracknell, IBIS Managing Director
Digital printing continues to grow at the expense of traditional offset printing and we are proud to be part of this growth. However, the full benefits of digital printing cannot be realized without suitable print finishing. The IBIS team are experts in addressing these needs and specialize in the integration of high-speed finishing systems with continuous-web digital printers.
Since the year 2000 when we introduced the first in-line digital saddle-stitcher, our IBIS products have been used for a wide range of different jobs, including production of booklets for examinations, health care, financial services, insurance, government printing, manuals and many other applications. These booklets may be individually personalized, often have to be produced in very short time windows and require 100% integrity control.
Our flagship product, the IBIS Smart-binder system is fast, reliable, durable, easy-to-maintain and contains many innovative design features such as the option of ISG cold-glue binding in place of conventional wire-stitching, and many other USPs to give you competitive advantage. It may be used in-line with the highest speed printers, or near-line/off-line. We also excel in integrating diverse modules from other manufacturers to create specialized systems with unique and customized features.
We are proud of our long-standing and continuing partnerships with all of the major continuous inkjet printer manufacturers and digital post-press suppliers. Over 100 digital-printers around the world are benefiting from IBIS book-finishing systems and many of these are repeat buyers. Our products are backed up with first-class customer training and support.
We are based 30 miles (48 km) from central London
and only about 15 miles (24 km) from Heathrow international airport.
IBIS Head Office
High Wycombe, UK
IBIS installed products around the world
Why buy from IBIS?
IBIS clients gain a real edge over their competitors by:
Reducing your production costs
- In-line or off-line operation
- Up to 2600 pages/min throughput (up to 14,000 books/hr output)
- Stitched and glued books up to 60mm (2.36") thick from the same machine
- Low running costs
Personalization and book integrity
- IBIS digital finishing solutions allow rapid and easy personalization of books on the run
- 100% page integrity with absolute page and book tracking assured
- Accurate Management Reporting and diagnostics provide external control and visibility
Enhancing your book quality
- Individual sheet folding for better lay-flat of saddle-bound books up to 200 pages
- ISG cold gluing available for increased strength and improved lay-flat
- Three-side trimming
- Square-backed perfect bound books (SB-4 only) with 4-scored covers and wheel side-glue
- for guaranteed book page integrity
Providing support and customization
- Highly skilled specialist field engineers
- Technical support by phone and email
- First level on-site support from digital printer vendors
- Large range of special options and added value features
- Special engineering to customize systems to your specific needs
Increasing your up-time
- Very robust, high quality machine construction for 24/7 reliable operation
- Easy and quick to maintain
- Focus on operator and maintenance training
Saddle-stitched books up to 10mm (0.4") thick.
Saddle-glued books up to 10mm (0.4") thick - ISG Cold Glue.
Square-back books made with cold and hot glue up to 60mm (2.36") thick.
Square-back perfect bound books up to 60mm (2.36") thick - hot-melt or PUR glue only.
The Smart-binder systems are all based upon IBIS's unique saddle-stitcher which was launched in 2004. Models SB-1 and SB-2 produce wire-stitched books only. Models SB-3 and SB-4 also include ISG cold gluing.
The Smart-binder models SB-4 and SB-5 include an additional perfect binder for thicker 'perfect-bound' book production in addition to saddle-bound books. The SB-4 includes a perfect binder directly after the saddle-stitcher. The SB-5 includes a perfect binder which is separate from the saddle stitcher.
Smart-binder Plus HS SB-1, SB-2, SB-3
- For high-quality saddle-bound booklets
- On-the-run' re-loading of cover sheets
- SB-3 includes ISG cold gluing module to produce saddle-glued books
- Upgradable to SB-4 or SB-5
Smart-binder SB-4 One-stop-shop
- For saddle-stitched booklets, saddlebound ISG cold-glued booklets and perfect-bound books made from ISG-glued signatures
- In-line thick-book trimming
- For saddle-stitched booklets, saddlebound ISG cold-glued booklets and conventional Perfect-bound books
- In-line thick-book trimming
1. In-line Smart-binder fed directly from digital printer and web cutter
2. Near-line Smart-binder fed directly from roll unwinder and web cutter
3. Off-line Smart-binder fed directly from sheet pile feeder
Smart-binder Configuration and Options
- In-line connection with highest speed digital printers, or off-line operation from a high speed sheet feeder, or roll unwinder
- Individual sheet folding for optimum book quality
- Cover and Insert sheet feeding
- Bar code tracking of all sheets and auto-rejection of bad books, to ensure integrity.
- Smart-Data Analysis System
- Book page count variable on the run
- Three-knife trimming with optional centre-knife
- Heavy duty construction for 24 x 7 operation
- Easy-to-use touch-screen controls
- Complete range of book format sizes
- Optional sheet dynamic micro-perforation and hole punching
- Optional sheet buffer for in-line applications
IBIS is committed to offering our customers the highest quality digital finishing solutions and we will always:
- Act with openness and integrity in all our dealings with you, respond within one working day and respect the confidentiality of information you give us.
- Only sell to you if we are confident that we can satisfy your requirements
- Review how our equipment may be customized to suit your specific needs
- Test and demonstrate your finishing job prior to sale, if needed
- Continue to work with you after installationuntil we achieve pre-agreed system performance
- Give you continued technical support in the future
I look forward personally to helping you put into operation a complete and highly-effective book-finishing system which will increase your competitiveness and grow your business.
For further information, don't hesitate to call me.
Phone: +44 1494 561 950, E-mail: John.Cracknell@ibis-bindery.com
Managing Director, IBIS Bindery Systems
Our reseller and support partners include: